Making Fresh coconut milk for a baby to drink every few days has it’s draw backs. You end up with a lot of shredded coconut flakes. One of my solutions was to make these delicious Coconut Date Treats. They are gluten free, dairy free and really easy to prepare.
All you need is this…
- 1 cup coconut flakes (I like to use these coconut flakes)
- 1 cup dates (made into a paste using a food processor)
- 1 cup Almond meal or your favorite nut (in a food processor chop the almonds/nuts until they make a mealy consistency)
- 1 cups chocolate chips (chopped up in food processor. I like to use a combination of semi-sweet and dark chocolate)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cacao powder (use the good stuff)
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until everything is combined. In the palm of your hands, make a ball about the size of a quarter. You can go a little bigger if you like. Then dust all the balls with cocao powder using a sifter. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours and Enjoy!
This is a super tasty treat that is easy to prepare and chuck full of protein, Omega fatty acids, nutrients and fiber.